T: +39 (0) 23 6638 610
Giovannella, an Italian qualified lawyer and English solicitor, has more than 20 years of experience advising public and private clients in the industrial and in the regulated industries sector on corporate and commercial cross-border activities and related EU regulatory matters.
Her experience includes advising on aspects of energy, environment and climate change, competition, State aids, public procurement, industrial and infrastructural project developments under private-public partnership schemes and EU funding. She has acquired in-depth knowledge of the EU Institutions, having worked in the EU Commission, the Committee of the Regions and the European Parliament at the beginning of her career in Brussels.
From 1996 to 2002, she spent 7 years in London at the energy department of a multinational law firm, LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae (LLGM). Since 2005, she is of counsel at LXL LLP, working from Milan and Brussels
- LLB – University of Rome, Italy
- LLM (European Law) – University of Brussels, Belgium
- Postgraduate diploma (EU and Belgian Law), Belgium
- Admitted as Avvocato with the Milan Bar Association, Italy (1991)
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (1997)
- English (Fluent)
- French (Fluent)
- Italian (Fluent)
- Portuguese (Fluent)
- Spanish (Fluent)
- Co-author of “Europee – 10 women that make Europe”, Ed. Textus 2018
- Co-author of OIKIA l’Arte di Vivere”, “Spatial Planning in the EU”, by Gangemi Editore, 2014
- Co-author of “European Environmental Law” Ed. Giappichelli 2012 and second edition 2018 (contributions on “EU legislation on the protection of water”, “EU legislation on Air Pollution”; “EU Climate Change Policy”);
- PLC Cross Border Handbook on Environment Report Editorial 2009/2010 “The EU Emission Trading Scheme”
- Exclusive Expert on Environmental Law matters for ILO (International Law Office) an international on-line publication delivering articles on environmental law and case law in Italy addressed to a network of global counsels worldwide (2010).
- Co-editor of a special periodical section on emission trading and Kyoto Protocol on “Quotidiano Energia” (June 2006 – 2009)
- Contribution on environmental policy aspects of the Third Edition of the “Code of the European Union” by Giuffré Editore, 2008
- Co-author of the Survey published by the Eurosportello Veneto (Euro Info Centre) on the approximation process and the effect of the implementation of the Acquis Communautaire 2006
- Co-author (with Alan Jones and German Rodriguez) “The energy market in China”) Petroleum Economist, October 1997