Projects, Energy and Natural Resources
Energy and Natural Resources is an important practice area for our firm and we have advised on some of the most significant energy-related transactions and disputes in the world.
We represent oil, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), petrochemical, mining and power corporations in their contractual and commercial operations worldwide, including in Asia, Africa, Europe, the CIS countries, Latin-America and the Middle East.
We advise our clients on the acquisitions of energy companies and assets, the development of oil, gas, LNG, mining and electricity projects, as well as privatisations and joint ventures. We also have special experience with respect to disputes, sanctions, and compliance in the UK and internationally.
LXL has broad coverage, which brings experience and know-how as well as an innovative approach to dealing with change and unique projects and transactions.
We regularly, draft, review, and negotiate:
- Access agreements
- Concession agreements
- Drilling and rig contracts
- EPC contracts
- Farm-out/Farm-in agreement
- Joint Operating agreements
- Joint Development agreements
- Oil, gas and LNG contracts
- Pipeline and tie-in agreements
- Power Purchase and Bulk Supply agreements
- Production Sharing contracts
- Services and Maintenance agreements
- Storage agreements
- Throughput and inter-toller agreements
- Transportation and Processing agreements
- “First-class” energy boutique (Legal 500 – 2013).
- LXL ranked for oil and gas having “in-depth knowledge and a focus on the sector not apparent in many other firms.” (Legal 500 – 2014)
- Global Awards Winner for M&A in Oil and Gas (Corporate Livewire) for 2014-2015
- 2014 Acquisition Awards (Oil and Gas sector focused legal team of the year)
- Ranked for Oil and Gas (Chambers and Partners 2015-2016)
- Shortlisted for the Boutique Law Firm Award by the Lawyer Awards (2016-2018)
- Shortlisted for Petroleum Economist Award (Boutique Law Firm) (2015 and 2018)