LXL provides a top-notch service for infrastructure; our lawyers advise sponsors, lenders, institutional investors, infrastructure and investment funds, corporations, contractors, developers, insurance companies, and governmental entities across a range of infrastructure and asset categories and on projects including transportation, city/urban development, energy and power, and aerospace.
With the increasing and substantial growth of technology, which is paving the way of new mega infrastructure projects globally, we provide our clients with innovative and practical solutions in emerging and developing markets including Africa, the Middle East, and South-East Asia.
We work in a number of asset classes and are particularly strong in the energy sector having advised on the construction of the largest European LNG terminals and other large projects including airports, district cooling plants, LNG facilities and terminals, pipeline infrastructure, ports, power plants, refineries, roads, sea-ports, railways, and city development.
Our experience includes acting for and advising:
- on various pipeline projects including the UK – Ireland Interconnector, the Trans-Caucasian Pipeline Project, the Sudan Pipeline and the Caspian Pipeline from Kazakhstan to Novorossiysk;
- an investment fund in the development and implementation of an infrastructure development programme in Ghana involving two ports, two airports, and railway project (multi-billion project);
- an international contractor on an EPIC in respect of the construction and development of an LNG terminal to be built in Asia and shipped to East Africa (value more than US$1.5 billion);
- a state oil and gas company on the development, construction, shareholder participation and financing of the Dragon Milford Haven Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal in the UK;
- a lender on the financing of a refinery in Belgium;
- a Saudi group in relation to an agreement regarding the Operation and Maintenance service agreement for five district cooling plants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- an Asian national oil and gas company, in the sale of 3.6 million tonnes per annum of LNG. Two long-term contracts were entered into to transport the LNG to the US and Italy;
- various national oil and gas companies on the acquisition of participating interests in and the construction and financing of a major pipeline and the export to market of petroleum in Sudan (US$1 billion+);
- a development bank on the Maputo Port Project and the rehabilitation of the international port in Mozambique; and
- project company involved in the design, construction and operation of seaborne satellite launch system in connection with US$800mn project financing including limited recourse finance.
Please go to Transactions and Cases to learn more about our experience in Infrastructure.
- “First-class” energy boutique (Legal 500 – 2013).
- LXL ranked for oil and gas having “in-depth knowledge and a focus on the sector not apparent in many other firms.” (Legal 500 – 2014)
- Shortlisted for the Boutique Law Firm Award by the Lawyer Awards (2016-2018)
- Shortlisted for Petroleum Economist Award (Boutique Law Firm) (2015)
- Mr Thomas Marcovici is “excellent at managing large projects – clients love him.” (Legal 500 – 2014)