LXL supports clean and renewable energy with increasing consumption levels and issues relating to climate change and security of supply. We advise sponsors, financiers, contractors and government agencies across the sector on development, financing and operation of renewable energy assets and infrastructure.
Our integrated service covers all relevant aspects of renewable energy projects including regulatory advice, planning, licencing, construction, procurement, power purchase agreements, acquisition of project facilities, as well as funding and leasing of such projects. We have expertise in a wide range of renewable energy sources including Bioenergy, geothermal, storage, waste-to-energy, with particular knowledge in solar, wind, and hydropower projects.
Our Renewables practice also covers Environmental Law and Climate change. We have a strong experience dealing with environmental liability in large transactions, and that risk is identified and managed. Our team has a diverse background from drafting legislation to drafting and negotiating environmental provisions in corporate sale and purchase agreements. Please also see our European Law practice.
Our experience includes acting for and advising:
- a major Swiss corporation in Italy on the legal and financial structuring of a major pumped stored hydropower plant with a rated generation capacity of 572MW under a PPP scheme, with recourse to EU Structural Funds and EIB financing;
- a consortium of sponsors including Falck Group in relation to the participation in a public bid for the construction and operation of a 400MW Wind plant in Morocco under a PPP scheme;
- Greenvision – Ambiente Photosolar in relation to the authorisation process concerning a 13 MW solar plant with modules installed on greenhouses.
- Convert Italia SpA in the drafting and negotiation of relevant contracts with Financial Investors aimed at the development and construction of photovoltaic plants in Italy;
- a Swiss corporation in Italy on the structuring of a project for the construction of a plastic-to-fuel plant in Italy, including drafting shareholding agreements, applying for public funds; negotiating long term loans with Finance Institutions, dealing with regulatory matters relating to the licencing and operation of the plant; and
- a consortium of private investors in Albania on the legal and financial closing of a PPP project for the construction and operation of a hydroelectric plant with recourse to IFC funding and negotiating shareholders agreements with potential industrial partners; and
- a Swiss corporation in Italy on the participation in a public tender for the construction of a wastewater treatment plant with related technology concerning the treatment of sludges, under a PPP scheme.
Please go to Transactions and Cases to learn more about our experience in Renewable Energy.
- “First-class” energy boutique (Legal 500 – 2013).
- Shortlisted for the Boutique Law Firm Award by the Lawyer Awards (2016-2018)
- Shortlisted for Petroleum Economist Award (Boutique Law Firm) (2015)
- Mr Ayad Ridha as having “Strong Middle East Expertise” (Legal 500 – 2014)
- Mrs Giovannella D’Andrea was ranked as one of the “Top Lawyers in Environmental Law” in Who’s Who Legal “The International Whose Who of Business Lawyers” 2011 – 2018.
- Mrs Giovannella D’Andrea was ranked as one of the “Top Lawyers in Europe specialising in Climate Change Matters” in the Chambers Guide 2008 and subsequent years.
Giovannella, an Italian qualified lawyer and English solicitor advising public and private clients for more than 20 years in the industrial and regulated industries sector on cross-border corporate and commercial activities and related EU regulatory matters.