Commercial Contracts and Transactions
We often say that we specialise in our clients meaning we endeavour to understand our clients’ businesses to give a tailored solution in line with their commercial objectives including risk management and profit maximisation. We draft, negotiate, and interpret contracts on the basis of personalised advice and technical knowledge.
We ensure that our client’s contractual framework from the outset maximises its position, minimises its risk exposure and reflects the intricacies of its specific industry. As well as our extensive expertise in certain industry sectors including Projects, Energy and Natural Resources, we draft, negotiate, and review a wide variety of commercial contracts and advise on a full spectrum of regulatory, strategy and government policy, contractual issues, M&A transactions, enforcement, consumer law, dispute resolution and litigation and other commercial issues.
We are experts at cross-borders commercial matters assisting our clients in navigating regulatory and contractual issues in the UK and internationally including on commercial agencies, distribution, franchising, the supply of goods and services, and international trade.
- Agency agreements
- Build own & operate agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Development agreements
- Franchise Agreements and Manuals
- Joint venture agreements
- LoI & MoUs
- Marketing agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Processing and Usage agreements
- Shareholders’ agreement
- Supply and services agreements
- Terms and conditions
Our experience includes acting for and advising:
- a Lebanese corporation in Tunisia, Morocco, Lebanon and Libya in relation to a Master Franchise Program aimed at the development of a Franchise business in the retail sector (food and drinks) in the Middle East and North African Region;
- a Jordanian based company on the establishment of a distribution network of air-supported structures in the Middle East and North African region including setting up and structuring a multi-jurisdictional international group structure, registration of IP, corporate document, and the exclusive reseller agreement with an eastern European manufacturer;
- Red Tactical International Investments Limited, a Jordanian laser tag business, on it’s rolling out and franchise expansion of its brand into the Middle East and North Africa region including advising on its group multijurisdictional corporate/group restructuring, setting up its franchise network and drafting the franchise manual, drafting and negotiating a suite of contracts to facilitate the franchise of its brand across multiple jurisdictions including non-disclosure and exclusive negotiation agreements, master franchise agreement, franchise agreement, and intellectual property licences;
- a number of Middle Eastern companies on agreements for the supply of chilled water and power in Saudi Arabia (in Arabic and English);
- an international sporting event organiser on a range of commercial matters including drafting event sponsorship agreements, terms and conditions for prize competition terms and conditions and online consumer services contracts;
- an exporter on UK customs matters including (i) challenging the governmental seizure of goods and ensuring their restoration (ii) procuring export licences and (iii) advising on UK import/export requirements;
- various UK subsidiaries of Alcoa Inc. on the drafting of standard T&Cs for the procurement and supply of aluminium products; and
- Saudi based entities on the drafting and negotiation of a number of standard T&Cs for the operation and management of district cooling plants.
Please go to Transactions and Cases to learn more about our experience in Commercial Contracts and Transactions.