Our team has experience in advising on a broad range of sports-related matters, particularly, on Football, including to those associated with international, regional and national sports associations.
We offer legal services to academies, clubs, club right owners, sports rights holders, sponsors, investors, and sport management companies on contract and corporate matters, regulatory matters, intellectual property, branding protection, media rights, contracting, franchising and licensing, insurance policies and administrative matters. We also represent, athletes, intermediaries, and coaches on contract and employment issues, endorsements, image and personality rights and disciplinary proceedings.
Our team also has the experience to advise federations, leagues, and Olympic committees by drafting sporting regulations.
In conjunction with our dispute resolution, we have extensive experience on advising on sport-related disputes including on disputes before arbitral tribunals such as the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS/TAS) or those belonging to federations and sports associations such as FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber.
Our experience includes acting for and advising:
- acting for a fund in its potential acquisition of an English professional football club.
- directors and boards of sports companies to help them meet their safeguarding and regulatory obligations;
- a football youth academy on corporate matters including raising finance, corporate restructuring, and governance;
- a football youth academy on regulatory matters and commercial contracts including scholarship contracts, professional player contracts, and minor-related ancillary documents;
- a football intermediary in respect of its representation contracts with football players;
- a football team in Jordan in respect of in respect of its contracts with football managers; and
- an intermediary in respect of disciplinary proceedings in the UAE (settled).
Please go to Transactions and Cases to learn more about our experience in Sports.