LXL always keeps its eye on the big picture while taking in the details. LXL advises lenders and borrowers through its multi-disciplinary practice on cross-border, multi-jurisdictional projects.
The breadth of our team enables LXL to provide clients legal experience and comprehensive sector knowledge in aerospace, transport such as rail, roads, ports, and airports, and energy including oil and gas, renewables, mining, water, power, telecoms, and defence. We have experience in financing security structures in the UK and internationally.
Our areas of work include authorisation, asset and wealth management, banking and finance, including banking regulation, change in control, documentation (compliance and contractual), investment funds, sanctions and controls, structured trade, and international trade.
In conjunction with our specialist sector teams including the Energy and Natural Resources practice, we have extensive experience in advising on a spectrum of transactions ranging from less than a million dollars to billions.
Our experience includes acting for and advising:
- on the restructuring of and refinancing of terminal facilities in Tanzania, refining and processing facilities (including related petrochemical facilities) and the financing of a US$200 million refinery upgrade and hydrocracker unit in Belgium.
- on the refinancing of energy trade finance in East Africa;
- Sinohydro as EPC contractor on major ME refinery project on limited recourse receivable financing arranged as part of project financing package supported by Sinosure credit risk policy (value of more than US$800m);
- African parastatal hydropower company on various issues connected with the financing of power rehabilitation project including negotiation of receivables finance/multilateral lender facilities from term sheet to financial close;
- project company in major cross-border (UK/Norway/US/CIS) project to design, build and operate sea-based satellite launch system including negotiation of critical provisions of shipbuilding contract/time charters and project finance including limited recourse finance and inter-creditor agreements (value of more than US$800m);
- an exhibition centre operator on various matters including £150mn construction finance facility/£80mn development facility and in relation to commercial/financing arrangements with hotel operator in connection with hotel development at the site;
- a global aircraft manufacturer on the project financing of £650 million PFI project (as sponsor/contractor) to provide helicopter training services to the UK government;
- on the financing of the Maputo Port Project and the rehabilitation of the international port in Mozambique; and
- a major Saudi family conglomerate in respect of US$100 million credit facility with an FTSE 100 financial institution.
Please go to Transactions and Cases to learn more about our experience in Finance.