T: +44 (0) 208 439 8814
Ayad is a UK qualified solicitor and also an Iraqi lawyer. He has extensive UK and international experience (with a special focus on the MENA and Asia regions).
His experience covers oil and gas, corporate commercial law, M&A, power, water, district cooling, renewables, project finance, construction, aviation, mining, shipping, insurance, defence, employment law, and international dispute resolution including advising on a number of high profile and complex international arbitrations (under UNCITRAL, CIETAC, LCIA, Saudi Arbitration and Ad Hoc Arbitration Rules) and mediation.
Since joining LXL in 2003 Ayad has worked on a number of high profile projects and contentious cases in different jurisdictions including Bahrain, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Mauritania, Sudan, Malaysia, China, Kazakhstan, Italy, Russia, and the UK. The list of clients includes, Alcoa Inc. (covering a number of its European subsidiaries in the UK, Spain, Switzerland, France, and Italy), Al Fozan Group, CNPC, Edison, EDF, GAPCO, Mitsubishi, NTCC, ONGC, Petronas, Rawabi Holding, Veolia, Wasco, and Sumou Holding.
- LLB – College of Law, Baghdad
- LLM (Oil and Gas Law) – University of Dundee, Dundee
- LPC – College of Law, London
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (2002)
- Arabic (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
- ‘Saudi Arabia’s Arbitration Regime: Moving Forward (2016) Saudi Arabia’s Discovering Business Magazine (with Yanal Abul Failat and Thomas Marcovici).