T: +44 (0) 208 439 8810
Giulia is a commercial and corporate lawyer, with a particular focus on the energy industry. She has been involved in numerous cross-border oil and gas transactions over the years, having represented clients with interests in Europe, Africa (including Zambia, Sudan and Egypt), the Middle East, Mexico and Asia.
Giulia has experience working alongside in-house counsel and commercial teams in relation to their acquisition/disposal of oil and gas assets globally and has extensive experience drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements in relation to both share and assets deals. She has been involved in negotiating numerous joint operating agreements, farm-out agreements and other common industry agreements, including the UKCS.
Giulia is also experienced in advising state energy and private companies in disputes relating to pipeline operations, price review clauses, power supply and bulk supply agreements, pipeline ownership disputes and other matters, with particular experience in international arbitrations under UNCITRAL, LCIA and ICC Rules.
- LLB – (Italian Law) – University of Bologna, Italy
- LLB (English Law) – University of Kent, England
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (2010)
- English (Fluent)
- Italian (Fluent)
Organisations and Memberships
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Drafted the chapter on “Unitisation and Unitisation Agreements” in the legal publication “Understanding Joint Operating Agreements” (Intersentia 2017).
- Contributed to several oil & gas sector-specific Practice Notes as senior oil and gas Professional Support Lawyer for Lexis Nexis UK.
- Drafted the Preliminary and Final Report and preparing a presentation including key findings and recommendations as the Key International Legal Expert in relation to the analysis of Albanian oil, gas and mining legislation to assess due implementation of the Extractive Industries Transparency Industry (“EITI”).