T: +44 (0) 208 439 8810
Richard is a company and commercial lawyer with a practising career of 38 years.
He specialises in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, in which his experience spans many sectors, from chemicals to engineering, financial services, transportation, oil & gas and high-tech, within the United Kingdom, the United States, Western, Central and Eastern Europe.
Richard also advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, including start-ups, reorganisations, joint ventures, management buy-outs, corporate finance, private equity and venture capital, distribution and agency contracts, the acquisition and licensing of intellectual property and he gives general advice on corporate governance.
- MA – Queen’s College, University of Cambridge, England
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (1981)
- Dutch (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
- French (Good)
- German (Good)
Organisations and memberships:
- Netherlands-British Chamber of Commerce.
- Companies and other legal persons under Netherlands law and Netherlands Antilles Law (1989), Kluwer.
- Company Law in Europe (1990), Lexis/Nexis, Butterworths.
- Company and Business Legislation of the Netherlands (2008), Kluwer.
- The Civil Code of the Netherlands (2009), Kluwer.
- Warendorf Dutch Civil & Commercial Law Legislation (2015), Kluwer.