T: +44 (0) 208 439 8815
Thomas is a UK qualified solicitor and has been working on a number of contentious and non-contentious energy-related matters.
His experience encompasses the UK and international jurisdictions (focusing on Africa and Asia) covering oil & gas and power, corporate and commercial, acquisitions and divestments, business and employment law and international dispute resolution including advising on a number of high profile international arbitrations (under UNCITRAL, SIAC, LCIA Rules) and expert determination.
Thomas has worked on international acquisitions and divestments of energy-related businesses in Europe and Africa as well as advising on day-to-day contractual issues arising in upstream and downstream operations. Thomas has also managed high value and legal complex disputes (including offshore drilling contracts, pipeline disputes in Africa and Russia, bulk supply of electricity and tariff disputes in Africa, requisition of a port under a concession and defective hydropower transformers), He has worked in the UK, France, China, Singapore, Africa (including Sudan, Zambia and Mauritius), the Middle East, Malaysia and Kazakhstan.
Thomas is the Money Laundering Officer for LXL (since 2008), being also responsible for the firm’s internal compliance as well as the firms billing. He has been written up in the Legal 500 2013 “Thomas Marcovici is ‘excellent at managing large projects – clients love him‘.
- BA (Joint Honours) Law and Accountancy, Brighton University, England
- LLM in International Commercial Law – Sussex University, England
- LPC – College of Law, England
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (2007)
- English (Fluent)
Organisations and memberships:
- Member of the Commonwealth Lawyer Association (Since 2019)
- ‘Saudi Arabia’s Arbitration Regime: Moving Forward (2016) Saudi Arabia’s Discovering Business Magazine (with Yanal Abul Failat and Ayad Ridha).